IT’S the end of the day and you just want to go home. You start to reverse out of your parking spot and suddenly you hear the sound of a loud car horn from a vehicle you can’t see. Naturally, you begin to reverse slower, as you are unable to determine the position of the other vehicle. You are now nervous, the other driver is becoming impatient and you’re wishing you had just reversed into the spot saving yourself this aggravation in the first place.
Ontario’s Peel Regional Police say there are a number of reasons why it makes sense to reverse into a parking spot, for example:
- Reversing gives you control and it allows you to take your time.
- Backing in allows you to deal with uneven or slippery surfaces when exiting.
- If your car won’t start than you’re already in position for engine maintenance or a tow.
- You avoid backing out blindly into traffic and increase your field of vision.
- In an emergency situation you are able to exit the parking space quickly and safely.
For more safety tips visit us at peelpolice.ca