THE Vancouver Police Department is warning the public about the release of a sex offender, who will be residing in the Vancouver area, and has a criminal history for sex offences and violence against women.
Brendan Dominic Billy will be residing in the City of Vancouver after having served his entire sentence and is now under the supervision of a provincial probation officer.
Billy completed a full 15-year-sentence for break and enter, and committing sexual assaults on two elderly women in the area of Squamish in 2001. The Correctional Service of Canada has assessed him as high risk for violence and sexual re-offending.
Billy has been released on a recognizance of bail. There are specific conditions by which he must abide, including but not limited to:
* Not to be on the property of any facilities where seniors are likely to congregate or reside, such as retirement homes, complexes or recreational facilities
* Not to be outside his residence between 10 p.m. and 6 p.m. daily
* Advise of any close or intimate relationships and inform those persons of his criminal record
* Not to consume or possess alcohol or any controlled substances
* Not to enter any liquor, beer, and/or wine store
* Not possess, own or carry any weapon or be in the possession of any knives
Anyone witnessing Billy in violation of any of these conditions is asked to contact their local police department by calling 9-1-1.