IT’S that time of the year again – and TransLink is boosting transit service and extending hours on Celebration of Light evenings to ensure everyone gets a safe, convenient ride to and from the fireworks.
The following changes will be in effect Saturday, July 28; Wednesday, August 1 and Saturday, August 4:
- Many bus routes will include extra trips to downtown Vancouver after 6:30 p.m. and additional service after the events. Some downtown and West End buses will be detoured. For a full list of detours, visit translink.ca/alerts.
- Expo and Millennium Lines will run more frequently all evening, with the last scheduled train leaving Waterfront Station at 1:16 a.m.
- Canada Line will provide rush-hour level service all evening, with every train in service following the fireworks. Last train will depart Waterfront at 1:15 a.m. bound for Richmond-Brighouse Station.
- SeaBuswill sail every 10 minutes 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., every 15 minutes 8 p.m. to midnight, and every half hour from midnight until last sailing from Waterfront at 1:22 a.m.
- West Coast Expresswill have a special train service for the August 4 finale only. The train leaves Mission at 7 p.m. and arrives at Waterfront at 8:15 p.m.
The return train leaves Waterfront promptly at midnight.
- Bikes will not be allowed on the SkyTrain after 10 p.m. on event days. Passengers can board with bikes again after the crowds clear.
- Some transit stations will have modified access to keep crowds moving smoothly. Check translink.ca/alerts for station access information.
TransLink encourages customers to plan ahead by topping up Compass Cards to avoid lineups at Compass Vending Machines. Tap to Pay is a convenient option for people without Compass Cards. Just tap your contactless Visa or Mastercard credit card, or a device with an Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet.
Extra Transit Police and Transit Security will be on hand to help customers get to and from the events safely.