EDMONTON-BASED Canadian Strategy Group has announced that Moe Sihota and Ken Georgetti are joining the firm as strategic counsel.
“Canadian Strategy Group strives to provide our clients with the depth of expertise required to assist in navigating public policy, government relations and strategic planning through a changing environment,” said Hal Danchilla, Principal and co-founder of Canadian Strategy Group. “Ken and Moe bring to our firm a new dimension not found in other Western Canadian government relations firms. In addition to assisting our existing clients, they enhance our offering to social organizations, the not-for-profit sector, environmental organizations and trade unions.”
Sihota recently served as the president of the BC NDP and was as a BC cabinet minister for close to a decade.
Ken Georgetti is a former 15-year president of the Canadian Labour Congress and a nationally recognized labour leader.
Fellow Principal and co-founder Michael Lohner added, “The challenges organizations face are becoming more complex. Solutions involve multi-faceted strategies that go further than traditional government relations and often involve research, social license, labour and the ability to have conversations across the political spectrum. Ken and Moe really complement our ability to offer the most comprehensive service in the west.”
Sihota said: “Issues today are broader than one province or one political culture. It is not just corporations that have pressing needs to understand and interact with government. I think with CSG we have the ability to do government relations fundamentally differently than our competition; to assist not just traditional clients but also NGOs and the not-for profit sector.”
Georgetti said: “Large and small projects need increasing attention to employee issues regarding recruitment, retention and productivity. The creation of stable, well-paying jobs is in the interest of all governments. I look forward to working with CSG to build strategies that will help realize good ideas and opportunities.”
Canadian Strategy Group assists organizations to navigate government, shape public policy and communicate effectively with decision makers and stakeholders at all levels of government.
* President BC NDP 2009-2013
* First Indo-Canadian ever elected to a Legislature in Canada (1986 representing Esquimalt- Port Renfrew)
* First Indo Canadian ever to serve in a Cabinet in Canada (Mike Harcourt 1991)
– Upon leaving Government was hired by Toronto’s City TV to be the inaugural Talk Show Host and News Commentator for The NewVI (now CTV 2) in Victoria 2001-2004
– For the past 10 years, he has been a weekly Commentator on CBC Vancouver “Political Insiders Panel”
* Since 2008 has provided Government Relations advice to select medium sized Canadian Companies.
* Minister of Social Development (2000)
* Minister of Public Service (1999)
* Government House Leader (1998)
* Minister of Education (1997)
* Minister of Environment, Lands and Parks (1993-1997).
* Minister of Constitutional Affairs, Minister of Labour, Minister of Consumer Services Minister * Responsible for BC Hydro and the Insurance Corporation of B.C. (1991)
* Elected in three consecutive provincial elections 1986, 1991, 1996 as a New Democrat in the ridings of Esquimalt – Port Renfrew and Esquimalt-Metchosin, BC
* Elected as Alderman in the Township of Esquimalt 1984
Experience with Crown Corporations:
* Board Member BC Hydro and Power Authority
* Board Member Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
* Board Member Workers Compensation Board
* Board Member BC Building Corporation
* Member, Board of Governors for the University of British Columbia