The arrest warrants are still going out – and the public and media are invited to witness the proceedings as the judge’s gavel pounds on Friday September 20th at Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers’ first-ever Jail & Bail in Surrey.
Some of Surrey’s best-known business and community leaders will be locked in the Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers County Jail to raise “bail” from their friends and colleagues.
See the full list of “The Accused” and their arrest warrants HERE.
Date: Friday, September 20
Time: 11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
Place: Central City Outdoor Plaza (near SFU Surrey), 13450 – 102 Avenue, Surrey, B.C.
VISUALS: Each of the “accused” will:
- Be brought before our own hand-picked “honourable judges”
- Have “trumped-up charges” read out publicly to each of them, and “bail” set
- Be put behind bars – and can’t come out until they raise their bail.
QUOTE: “Despite what some people think, we’re not the police. We’re actually an independent, non-profit charity that operates solely on funds raised,” says Linda Annis, executive director of Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers. “We appreciate any donation, and we’re thankful for the participation of all those who’ve agreed to be our ‘jailbirds’ this year. The ‘bail’ they’ll raise will help keep our 24/7 tips line and other anti-crime programs in operation for the benefit of everyone.”
Everyone welcome to watch! Donations of any amount, from anyone, gratefully accepted at our Jail & Bail donations page, or in person at the event.
“THE DOCKET” – SURREY JAIL & BAIL
Among those being put behind bars – and see their arrest warrants HERE:
· Shelly Appleton-Benko, Odlum Brown
· Gordie Hogg, MP, South Surrey-White Rock
· Bill Cunningham, TD Canada Trust
· Tracy Redies, MLA Liberal Surrey-White Rock
· Garry Begg, MLA Surrey-Guildford
· Tony Bocale, Skana Imaging Solutions Inc.
· Elizabeth Model, BIA Surrey White Rock
· Ray Narayan, TD Canada Trust
· Stephanie Cadieux, MLA Surrey South
· Larry Fisher, Lark Group
· Stephen Dooley, SFU Surrey Campus
· Adam Jaffer, KPU
· Bill Rempel, Blackwood Partners Management
· Steve Thompson, Pharmasave
· Randy Mann, Randy Mann Real Estate
· Matthew Ilich – Kern Properties
· Norman Stowe, Pace Group
WHY A JAIL & BAIL?
• Despite what some people think, Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers is “not the police”, but anindependent, non-profit charity that operates solely on funds raised, plus additional generoussupport donated by local businesses, community groups and individuals.
• The business and community leaders who volunteer to take part in Jail & Bail understand CrimeStoppers helps keep communities safe and generously participate and raise funds on their own freetime.
METRO VANCOUVER CRIME STOPPERS IS A “NON-PROFIT” SUCCESS AND DESERVES SUPPORT
• People are often afraid to report crime to the police for fear of reprisal
• Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers provides a critical tool that lets the public anonymously helpinvestigators solve them.
• No one ever learns who provides this important information proven to help investigators solvecrimes
• In 2018 alone, Metro Vancouver Crime Stoppers collected almost 5,400 tips resulting in 135 arrests,577 charges and $1.8 million in drugs and property seized.
• This year’s numbers are trending even higher with a six per cent increase in tips so far this year, and$6.5 million worth of drugs and property recovered to date.
• When you think about the local crimes reported daily in the news – some of them terribly tragic,Crime Stoppers provides a critical tool that lets the public anonymously help investigators solve them