JEENAT Billen and Arjun Atwal of Lions Weightlifting Club won the trophy for Best Female Weightlifter and Best Male Weightlifter respectively at the 17th Annual Junior Doug Hepburn Weightlifting Championship.
The championship for weightlifters under the age of 17 was held at Universal Fitness Centre in Surrey last month. The host, Lions Weightlifting Club, won the overall trophy for the championship.
Billen gave a remarkable performance by creating a new record in snatch, clean and jerk, and the total. She cleared 70 kg in snatch and 85 kg in clean and jerk in the 58 kg category.
Atwal snatched 98 kg and cleared 111 kg in clean and jerk in the 85 kg category.
Other weightlifters from Lions Club, whose head coach is the famous Makhan Sandhu, who helped to win the trophy were:
* Angel Billen: silver in the 48 kg category
* Ishmeen Dhesi: gold in the 53 kg category
* Hana Dhillon: gold in the 75 kg category
(From Cross Fit, Georgia Cameron won gold in the 44 kg category and Meagon Bradshaw won gold in the 69 kg category).
* Gurek Dhesi: gold in the 56 kg category
* Jovan Dhaliwal: silver in the 62 kg category
* Gurkaran Thind: bronze in the 69 kg category
* Parmvir Sidhu: gold in the 77 kg category
* Harman Thind: silver in the 77 kg category
(Eric Millen and Kyle Karstune from Semi Weightlifting Club won gold in their respective categories.)