ON Monday, January 28, 2019, Canadians and permanent residents will able to take the first step towards bringing their parents and grandparents to Canada when the 2019 interest to sponsor form becomes available at noon EST.
Potential sponsors are encouraged to complete and submit the form as quickly as possible, as IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) will only be accepting submissions on a first-in basis for a limited time, once the form opens.
IRCC would like to remind potential sponsors that:
– The interest to sponsor form is not an application, but a mechanism to inform IRCC you are interested in sponsoring your parents or grandparents.
– A digital copy of your proof of status in Canada document will need to be uploaded in order to submit the 2019 interest to sponsor form. This digital copy must include both sides (front and back) of the status in Canada document and cannot exceed 2.5 MB. Potential sponsors should prepare this ahead of the form becoming available.
– The onus is on potential sponsors to ensure they are eligible to sponsor before submitting an interest to sponsor form.This includes making sure that you meet the minimum necessary income requirements.
– All duplicate submissions will be removed. If you make a mistake on your submission, please do not submit a new one. Instructions on what to do if you make a mistake on your submission can be found on IRCC’s website.
– If you successfully submit an interest to sponsor form, you will see a confirmation screen with a confirmation number on it. Please keep this number for your records.
– IRCC will contact potential sponsors in the order in which it received interest to sponsor forms.
Frequently Asked Questions on Sponsoring your Family:
- How much income do I need to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- Who can be my co-signer on my application to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- How do I calculate my family size to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- How do I make an electronic copy of my proof of status in Canada document?
- What do you mean by surname?