TEN-YEAR multiple-entry tourist and business visas have been introduced for Canadian nationals with immediate effect, the Indian High Commission in Ottawa announced on Monday.
Defence Minister Jason Kenney noted that this was the fulfillment of a promise made by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his recent historic visit to Canada.
Modi made the commitment while joined by Prime Minister Stephen Harper in front of a crowd of over 10,000 Canadians of Indian origin in Toronto in April.
The Tourist Visa (TV) is meant for visiting India for recreation, sightseeing or meeting friends and relatives, but for no other purpose.
Apparently the Indian government has been angry about some people using their visa to carry out journalist assignments and indulge in other activities without permission.
* Duly completed visa application form.
* Two recent passport size (51mm x 51mm) colour photos showing full frontal face against a white background. One photo needs to be pasted on the application form and other enclosed separately.
* Passport with minimum of six months’ validity and at least two blank pages.
* Proof of address.
* For persons who have held an Indian passport in past – proof of renunciation of Indian citizenship and immigration status at time of arrival in Canada.
* Fees: $202 plus processing fee of BLS International Services Canada Inc.
The Business Visa (BV) is meant for visiting India for business and trade purposes.
* Duly completed Business Information Sheet.
* A letter of request from the applicant’s company / organization in Canada.
* An invitation letter from Indian company indicating the nature of applicant’s business with India, probable duration of stay, the places and firms to be visited in India.
* Fees: $308 plus processing fee of BLS International Services Canada Inc.
* Requirements as given above for Tourist Visa.
* More details about BV are available at https://www.mha.nic.in/pdfs/work_visa_faq.pdf
Important Information and Highlights
* The period of continuous stay during each visit will not exceed 180 days.
* Registration with concerned FRRO / FRO will be required for continuous stay exceeding 180 days.
* It is advisable to apply for visa at least 15 days before your intended date of travel.
* Online Visa application form is available on website http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
* Submit the printout of the duly completed and signed online visa forms along with supporting documents at one of the offices of the Indian High Commission’s outsourcing agents, BLS International. Their office addresses, timings phone numbers and e-mail address can be found at http://www.blsindia-canada.com/contactus.php
* The duration and number of entries of the visa issued is completely at the discretion of Indian High Commission / Consulates.
* You may also visit High Commission of India, Ottawa’s website at www.hciottawa.ca, Consulate General of India, Toronto’s website at www.cgitoronto.ca and Consulate General of India, Vancouver’s website at www.cgivancouver.org or the outsourcing agency M/s BLS International Services Canada Inc. at their website www.blsindia-canada.com for details.