Vancouver, BC – On Friday April 28, the inaugural Vancouver Virtual Reality Film Festival (YVRFF) will take flight for the first time. This immersive film-going experience will be a treat, not only for virtual reality enthusiasts and early adopters, but also for those new to the virtual reality experience.
WHAT: A two-day festival, YVRFF will kick off on the evening of April 28th with an Opening Gala. Following up, on day two YVRFF will host 5 Screening Sessions showcasing the final selection of Virtual Reality films from around the world. Tickets are priced between $25 – $45, and as a special treat, the first 100 people to purchase a ticket to a film screening will be taking their Virtual Reality Headset home with them.
WHEN: Opening Gala April 28, 2017 at 7pm. Film Screenings on April 29, 2017 at 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm, and 6:30pm.
WHERE: CBC Studio 700 (700 Hamilton Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2R5)
SOCIAL: Instagram, Facebook & Twitter: @yvrff
For more information on the event or to purchase tickets, please visit: www.yvrff.com
For media accreditation, please visit bit.ly/YVRFFMediaAccreditation
– Remember: a science-fiction short film exploring our relationship with technology and its influence on our reality. Launched originally on the JAUNT VR platform, it is currently being developed into a virtual reality series for international distribution.
– Misfits: an observational documentary shot behind the scenes of one of the world’s most unusual model agencies. Shot in Berlin in just one day, this story begins with Del as he casts for ‘ugly’ models over 20 years ago.
– Micro Giants: a mind-boggling adventure through nature, this short harnesses a real-world backdrop shown through the eyes of an insect! The creative team behind the project hails from Greater China and showcases a breakthrough blend of visual effects, animation and virtual reality technology to viewers.
– VR Wonders of the World – Episode Grand Canyon: a local production from Perspective Films. This short is part of the VR Wonders of the World 360 ̊virtual reality series that enables those who are adventurous to travel the globe experiencing amazing cities, breathtaking landscapes, diverse cultures and even outer space with a unique first person point of view.
– My Brother’s Keeper: a groundbreaking new short film that tells the story of two brothers fighting on opposite sides of the Civil War and unknowingly reunite at Antietam, the bloodiest battle in American military history. Shot on location in Virginia using more than 150 Civil War re-enactors, the story is fictional but based on historical accounts of brothers who fought against each other in the war.