OFFICERS of Peel Regional Police’s 21 Division have arrested and charged Musaf Yusuf, 23, of Brampton and Ahmed Abukar, 21, of Toronto for numerous firearm- and drug-related offences in the City of Mississauga.
On Sunday, March 4 at approximately 12 a.m., officers investigated a vehicle for a traffic violation in the area of Airport Road and Highway 409 in the City of Mississauga. During the investigation police located a black 9mm pistol in the front compartment of the vehicle.
Yusuf and Abukar were arrested and charged with several drug-related offences as well as the following firearms offences:
* Unauthorized possession of a firearm
* Careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
* Possession of weapon for a dangerous purpose
* Carrying concealed weapon
* Unauthorized possession of prohibited or restricted weapon
* Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was firearm
* Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition knowing its possession is unauthorized
* Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word “PEEL” and then your tip.