New Delhi–India wants Saudi Arabia to hand over four more suspects linked to the Indian Mujahideen to its probe agencies, continuing the cooperation shown by the latter in the cases of terror suspects – Abu Jundal, Fasih Mohammed and A. Rayees.
“We have requested the Saudi Arabian authorities to deport four persons wanted in India for involvement in terror-related activities. We are waiting for a response,” an official in the home ministry said Tuesday.
However, the official refused to reveal the names of the four suspects.
The suspects have been under the security agencies’ watch for a long time for their alleged involvement in terror-related activities, officials said.
They had travelled to Saudi Arabia on Indian passports and were on the watch for suspected links to Indian Mujahideen, they said.
Indian Mujahideen is a banned outfit that is linked to several blasts triggered in major cities in India such as Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad and Bangalore in the recent years.
Jundal, an alleged key Laskhar-e-Taiba (LeT) conspirator in the November 2008 Mumbai terror attack, was handed over by the Saudi authorities to Indian agencies and arrested at the Delhi airport in June.
Fasih Mohammed, a suspected Indian Mujahideen member accused in the Delhi and Bangalore blasts, was handed over to India by Saudi Arabia earlier this month and so was suspected LeT operative A. Rayees, allegedly involved in a 2009 explosive haul case in Kerala. IANS