TRANSLINK is alerting drivers that there will be a full road closure of Broadway from 9 p.m. on Friday, June 15 to 8 a.m. on Sunday, June 17. Crews will be removing the temporary work platform used to construct the new overhead walkway at Commercial-Broadway SkyTrain Station, as well as making sidewalk repairs and installing a new 99 B-Line canopy and queuing system.
TransLink customers will notice westbound bus stops for the 9 and 99 B-Line will be relocated from June 15 to June 25 to accommodate this phase of the project.
Upgrades at Commercial-Broadway Station under TransLink’s Maintenance and Repair Program are designed to meet the needs of our growing region. They include an additional platform for Expo Line trains, a widened crossing over the Grandview Cut and a new pedestrian walkway over Broadway. Two new elevators and four escalators are also being added to improve accessibility and customer convenience.
- There will be a full road closure on Broadway between Commercial Drive and Victoria Drive from June 15, 9 p.m. – June 17, 8 a.m.,
- A full eastbound closure from June 17, 11 p.m. to June 18, 5 a.m., and
- A full westbound closure June 18, 11 p.m. – June 19, 5 a.m.
- The 9 and 99 bus stops will move to the west side of Commercial Drive while crews repair the existing sidewalk and plaza, complete the new 99 B-Line Canopy, and install the permanent queueing system.
- The station entrance beside Shoppers Drug Mart will be closed during this time.
- SkyTrain customers will need to enter or exit the station from Commercial Drive or at the Broadway entrance on the south side of the street.
- Bus passengers will need to cross the street to catch their bus.
- Signs and additional staff will be on site to direct customers.
- Bus service will be maintained throughout the road closures.
- On June 25, the new 99 B-Line canopy and queuing system will open and the westbound 9 and 99 bus stops will move to their permanent locations outside Commercial-Broadway Station.
- There will be no pedestrian access on the north side of Broadway between Commercial Drive and Victoria Drive.
- Access to Shoppers Drug Mart will remain open.
Construction work is weather dependent and the dates/times of the road closures are subject to change. We recognize that some customers and our neighbours will be affected by this work and we thank everyone for their patience while we improve Commercial-Broadway Station.
For up-to-date service impacts, visit translink.ca/alerts.
For up-to-date road closures, visit vancouver.ca/roadwork.