ANIMAL advertising is no joke with Bird Co. Media coming to theatre screens on July 18. Internationally recognized BC based documentary filmmaker Jason Bourque follows two aspiring Canadian entrepreneurs, Bradley Miller and Kabir Ali, as they launch a highly controversial advertising company in Mumbai which incorporates exploiting live birds to carry advertising banners across the skies of India.
Bourque and his production team were in India to capture the footage as these businessmen profited into the millions. The eventual public backlash was harsh and helps find the breaking point where morals will still prevail in a capitalist economy.
Bird Co. Media premiered with a sold-out screening at the prestigious Whistler International Film Festival, and enjoyed excellent audience response and positive press reviews.
The film opens on the following theatrical screens across Canada on Friday, July 18:
* Landmark Theater Guildford, Surrey
* Landmark Theater Encore, Abbotsford
* Landmark Theater Country Hills, Calgary
* Landmark Theater Clareview, Edmonton
* Landmark Theater Square One, Mississauga, Ontario
* Landmark Theater, Whitby, Ontario
* Landmark Theater, Kanata, Ontario
* Big Picture Cinema, Toronto
The trailer for the film can be seen at: http://www.birdcomediathemovie.com