SURREY RCMP announced on Monday that Anthony Trevelyan, 45, of Surrey had been charged following an alleged sexual assault that occurred last week.
At approximately 4 a.m. on April 5, a male allegedly broke into a residence in the 10700-block of 132A Street and sexually assaulted a female youth who was home at the time of the break-in. The suspect fled out the back door after being confronted by another resident of the house. The female victim did not sustain any physical injury but was shaken.
Trevelyan has been charged with sexual assault, breaking and entering, and sexual interference.
He appeared in court on Monday and was remanded into custody. He is scheduled to appear in court on April 17.
Surrey RCMP said they will not be releasing any further information at this time as the investigation is ongoing.
Last week shortly after 2 p.m. on Friday, the Surrey RCMP’s High Risk Target Team (HRTT) apprehended and took Trevelyan into custody in the North Surrey area of the city.
Police said at the time that the Surrey RCMP’s Special Victims Unit (SVU) was leading this ongoing investigation and were conducting a number of investigative steps including interviewing potential witnesses.
The Surrey RCMP had also received several reports of attempted break and enters which occurred in the same area around the same time.
Investigators are working to determine if these events are linked to the same individual.