THE Progressive Intercultural Community Services (PICS) Society on Thursday announced the appointment of Amar Sidhu to its board. Sidhu is the Assistant Vice-President, Commercial Banking for Envision Financial, a division of First West Credit Union, and brings more than 16 years of experience in the financial services industry. He leads 21 branches and four major centres in Surrey / Delta, Langley, Abbotsford and Chilliwack. He is currently on the Board of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Langley.
Amar joins the current board members who are accomplished professionals in their diverse careers:
* Paul Resham Dosanjh (President) has over 30 years of operations management experience in retail business including sales, financial management and human resources.
* Puneet Khaira (Vice President) is an associate lawyer at Lindsay Kenney LLP’s Langley office, practicing in the area of general civil litigation, personal injury and family law.
* Arvinder Bubbar (Treasurer) is the principal of A. S. Bubber and Associates, Chartered Professional Accountant in Surrey. He has served as board member and board chair and was the first Chancellor of Kwantlen Polytechnic University. He also served as Vice-Chair, BC Premier’s Asia Pacific Trade Council. Bubbar currently serves on SFU President’s Advisory Council on India and SFU President’s Surrey Advisory Council. Bubbar also served on the Fraser Health Authority Board of Directors and as Director and Treasurer of Surrey Board of Trade.
* Dr. Tina Purewal (Secretary) is a practicing dentist and an instructor at the University of British Columbia in the Faculties of Dentistry and Medicine.
* Ranbir Manj is a Senior Program Manager and community activist with over 20 years of experience working with new immigrants and mentoring young and other personnel. He brings with him a diverse skill-set and in-depth knowledge of job mentoring, social activities, organization of fundraising events and building teams for success.
* Dave Hans is a professional engineer (Registered P. Eng. in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Northwest Territories). With over 15 years of experience in the industry, Hans has worked on big projects involving cities, universities and multinational organizations.
* Dr. Leena Jain is a practicing internal medicine specialist and a clinical instructor at UBC. She is also a geriatrician in outpatient clinic in Burnaby and Surrey, Royal Columbia Hospital, Victoria Heights and Fraser Health Authority.
* Harry Kooner is skilled in building focused teams and strong partnerships. He has over 15 years of experience as the Senior Bylaw Officer with the City of Surrey along with Operations Management experience.
PICS Society is looking for two additional board members with one or more of the following competencies and expertise:
– Fundraising with Corporate Sector
– Management of Large Construction Projects
– Long-term Care Facilities / Seniors Housing
– Social Services Sector
– Government Liaison
– Developing Social Enterprises
– Employment Law
– Insurance Sector
To be considered for the board position, a person must be a regular member of PICS for at least one year or a lifetime member of PICS.
“PICS is excited about the unique expertise that our board members bring as the Society continues to evolve and is looking forward to getting new talent to join the team,” says Satbir Cheema, C.E.O.