THE 2014 PNE Prize Home, designed by reality TV star and celebrity designer Jillian Harris, will go to Carol Ehlers, aged 54, from Mission. Iconic entertainer Dal Richards drew the winning ticket live tonight from the PNE Prize Home at Hastings Park. The total value of this year’s grand prize package is over $1,300,000.
“For 80 years, the PNE Prize Home has been one of the most popular attractions at the Fair at the PNE,” said President and CEO Michael McDaniel. “Each year, British Columbians look forward to this historic tradition and this year’s lucky winner is sure to enjoy her spectacular home in Kelowna.”
Approximately 112,000 ticket sheets were purchased by Fair attendees and through phone and online sales. Revenue raised from the lottery supports a variety of non-revenue producing programs at the Pacific National Exhibition, spanning agriculture, community, arts and a large number of other local programs.
The 2014 PNE Prize Home features a bohemian desert feel on an estate-sized lot on Kelowna’s Kirschner Mountain. The Grand Prize includes:
* A luxury home professionally designed and built by Britco
* A beautiful lot on Kelowna’s Kirschner Mountain
* Furniture and accessories from Lane Home Furnishings, a division of Yaletown Interiors
* Jenn-Air and Maytag appliances supplied by Coast Wholesale Appliances
* Outdoor living package by Coast Spas Lifestyles
* Energy-efficient home design in partnership with Power Smart
* $2,500 grocery package from ICA
Sandy Wildman from Penticton was the lucky winner of the 50/50 Prize, receiving half of the $880,460 lottery.
The PNE Prize Home Lottery also gave away five vacation packages, and eleven cars or cash prizes, including a 2014 Corvette Stingray as a special 80th anniversary prize, celebrating 80 years of the Lottery.
The PNE offers British Columbia’s most affordable prize home lottery with ticket prices set at 5 for $25 or 15 for $50. For more information about the PNE Prize Home and the Fair at the PNE visit www.pne.ca.