BC Place Stadium is excited to welcome fans from across Canada to the 102nd Grey Cup Championship Final this Sunday, November 30. As one of Canada’s largest annual sporting events, the Grey Cup connects the country like no other, and generates some impressive statistics!
Stadium fast facts on the event:
* 20,000 – number of hot dogs anticipated to be sold (the equivalent to the weight of 7,134 footballs)
* 37,000 – litres of beer anticipated to be sold
* 3,800 lbs – total weight of chicken tenders anticipated to be sold (equivalent to the weight of an average family car)
* Two miles – length of the tubes of popcorn placed end to end anticipated to be sold
* 10,000 – number of hamburgers anticipated to be sold
* 17,000 – number of litres of pop anticipated to be sold
* 6,000 – number of slices of pizza anticipated to be sold
* 4,300 – number of orders of nachos anticipated to be sold
* 1,500 – number of BC Place staff working on game day
* 360 – number of industrial-sized rolls of paper towels for game day
* 1,251 – number of litres of hand soap for game day
* 30+ – number of local businesses providing services to BC Place for the event
In addition to the regular menu of stadium favourites, BC Place will be serving special items at the Grey Cup game, including:
* Honey sausage with onions and peppers – available at sections 217 and 236.
* Grab-&-go items like sushi, sandwiches, plus cheese and charcuterie plates- available at sections 401 and 426.
* Steamed pork dumplings and house smoked bacon fried rice– available at sections 250 and 414.
* Grey Cup collector cups and popcorn buckets– available at all fixed food concession stands (limited quantity, available while stocks last).