WRESTLING head coach Sucha Mann’s Miri Piri Wrestling Club boys bagged two gold medals and a silver medal at the BC Secondary Schools Wrestling Championships last weekend at Port Alberni.
Summit Mann, a grade 11 student of Surrey’s Queen Elizabeth Secondary, won the gold in the 78 kg category by defeating Dilpreet Randhawa of Abbotsford’s W J Mouat. Randhawa was last year’s provincial champion and national medalist who beat Mann twice in the 2017/2018 season. But this time, Mann defeated Randhawa 20-10 points.
Pritpal Johal of Langley’s DW Poppy bagged gold in the 57 kg category and at the same time he won ‘Most Outstanding Male Wrestler’ title for this year’s provincial championship. This is the third time that he has won a provincial championship.
Pramjot Sidhu, also of Langley’s DW Poppy and Johal’s cousin, won silver in the 54 kg category.
South Asian wrestlers who won first three positions at BC Secondary Schools Wrestling Championships
THE following are the South Asian wrestlers who won the first three positions at the BC Secondary Schools Wrestling Championships in Port Alberni last weekend:
- 1st Place – Arjot Gill of Lord Tweedsmuir
- 2nd Place – Anshdeep Atwal of Lord Tweedsmuir
- 1st Place – Sunny Benning of W J Mouat
- 2nd Place – Jassa Randhawa of Brookswood
- 3rd Place – Jevan Dhaliwal of North Delta
- 1st Place – Sammy Sidhu of New Westminster NWSS
- 1st Place – Summit Mann of Queen Elizabeth
- 2nd Place – Dilpreet Randhawa of W J Mouat
- 1st Place – Amar Atwal of Lord Tweedsmuir
- 3rd Place – Harvin Mand of Khalsa
- 1st Place – Karan Gill of Tamanawis
- 3rd Place – Jaskaran Gakhal of W J Mouat
- 1st Place – Pritpal Johal of DW Poppy
- 2nd Place – Parmjot Sidhu of DW Poppy
- 3rd Place – Humraj Sandhar of Eugene Reimer
- 2nd Place – Ravi Manhas of ADSS
- 3rd Place – Sehijvir Sandhu of Tamanawis
- 1st Place – Jagvir Grewal of Abby Trad Middle