In order to help newcomers and low income families file their 2017 income tax returns, Centre for Immigrant and Community Services (CICS), with the collaboration of CPA Ontario, will hold a series of Income Tax Clinics in March 2018.
Eligibility criteria for those interested in this free service:
- Must be a legal resident of Canada, with SIN number or Individual Tax number (ITN);
- Annual income not exceeding: $30,000 for single persons, $40000 for couples (+$2500 for each dependent);
- No rental, investment, business, self-employment, overseas income or assets (excluding overseas pension), no capital gains or losses;
- Interest income less than $1,000 per family;
- Service not available to deceased individuals and those who have applied for bankruptcy.
Time and Locations:
1) Immigrant Resource Centre (2330 Midland Ave)
March 3 (SAT) 10 am – 4 pm
March 7, 21 & 28 (WED) 6 pm – 9 pm
March 13 & 20 (TUE) 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
2) LINC Centre (4002 Sheppard Ave. East, Unit #507)
March 8 & 15 (THUR) 6 pm – 9 pm
March 10 (SAT) 10 am – 4 pm
3) Toronto Integrated Service Centre (3850 Finch Ave. East, Unit #403)
March 14 (WED) & 27 (TUE) 6 pm – 9 pm
March 24 (SAT) 10 am– 4 pm
March 6 (TUE) & 29 (THUR) 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
Language: English, Mandarin, Cantonese (Please bring your own interpreter if you need services in other languages.)
Pre-registration is required for this service. For enquiry and registration, please call (416) 292-7510 ext. 0, or visit the CICS Immigrant Resource Centre at 2330 Midland Ave., Scarborough (North of Highway 401).
Newcomers are required to bring their landing documents for attendance.
Please visit www.cicscanada.com for more information.
Free One-on-One Income Tax Consultation
The annual tax season is here again! For those who spend a considerable part of the year outside Canada and who possess overseas income, investments and assets, there are no easy answers to questions such as whether to file a tax return and how to go about it. Also, for those who own businesses or are receiving rental income, what are the factors to take note when filing tax returns to ensure you are maximizing your tax benefits?
CICS, with the collaboration of a pool of financial consultants and professionals, is organizing a “Free 1 to 1 Income Tax Consultation” for those who are seeking advice to resolve situations described above. Interested participants are reminded to pre-register for a chance to take advantage of this service. Space is limited; please register early to secure your spot.
Language: Mandarin, Cantonese, English
Date: March 5, 2017 & March 19, 2017 (Mondays)
Place: CICS Immigrant Resource Centre
For inquiries and registration, please call 416 292 7510 ext. 0.
Newcomers are requested to bring PR cards or landing documents for attendance. For details of the event, please visit www.cicscanada.com.
Please note that this is not a workshop/income tax clinic/coaching session on how to fill or operate tax return forms/software.