Montréal, Québec – The most significant new-model introduction in Mitsubishi Motors’ recent history took centre stage at the 2018 Salon de l’auto de Montréal. The all-new 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) has begun arriving at Canadian dealerships with a starting MSRP of $42,998, and that’s before the applicable provincial electric-vehicle rebate programs.
Making its Canadian auto show debut at the Palais des Congrès de Montréal, the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV – available in SE S-AWC and GT S-AWC price lines, as well as a Touring Package available for the SE S-AWC – is on display for attendees of the 75th annual Salon de l’auto, January 19-28, 2018.
Customers in the greater Montréal area are among the first in Canada to order the new model – in some cases with sight-unseen deposits from years ago. Why? Outlander PHEV is a game changer in the Canadian marketplace with no other product that compares; each and every model sold in Canada comes with these credentials and exclusive claims of excellence:
- Top-selling plug-in hybrid SUV in the world *
- World’s most technically-advanced 4WD plug-in hybrid
- Canada’s first twin electric-motor SUV with Super All-Wheel-Control (S-AWC)
- Canada’s only plug-in hybrid SUV to offer 100% electric 4WD capability
- Canada’s only plug-in hybrid SUV with DC Fast Charging capability, providing – 80 per cent charge in under 30 minutes
- Canada’s only plug-in hybrid with a remarkable 10-year or 160,000 km powertrain warranty, 10-year/160,000 km lithium-ion battery warranty and five-year or 100,000 km comprehensive warranty.
Renaud spoke of Outlander PHEV as a source of great pride among employees at Mitsubishi Motors, noting: “Outlander PHEV is an international hit because it perfectly embodies our values: Smart integration of advanced technologies, concern for comfort, utility and ease for drivers, and respect for the environment.”
Lampron said: “Hydro-Québec has been committed to transport electrification for many years. In addition to our involvement in the Circuit électrique public charging station network, we plan to integrate 500 hybrid or rechargeable vehicles into our light vehicle fleet to reduce our GHG emissions. The arrival of the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is great news and will help us achieve this goal, since it’s the first plug-in SUV that meets our needs. In fact, we have ordered 77 Outlander PHEVs.”
The Outlander PHEV represents a fusion of the EV technologies developed by Mitsubishi Motors for models such as the Mitsubishi i-MiEV, S-AWC technologies honed from the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and Outlander, and SUV know-how gained from the Mitsubishi Montero.