ENVIRONMENT Canada on Wednesday evening issued a fog advisory for:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
Near zero visibility in fog is expected or occurring over some areas.
Moisture trapped under a strong temperature inversion will continue to give fog and areas of poor visibility on Wednesday night. The fog is forecast to dissipate Thursday morning as a Pacific frontal system approaches the coast.
If travelling, be prepared for areas of near-zero visibility.