ENVIRONMENT Vancouver on Friday issued a special weather statement in effect for:
- City of Vancouver – including Burnaby and New Westminster
- Metro Vancouver – northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
- Metro Vancouver – southeast including Surrey and Langley
- Metro Vancouver – southwest including Richmond and Delta
- North Shore – including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
An Arctic blast arrives Saturday night for the South Coast.
An area of low pressure will arrive Saturday morning over the South Coast. After the low exits Saturday night, a cold front will sweep across bringing snow, and a strong surge of Arctic air from the BC Interior in its wake. The potential for snow will continue on Sunday as conditions will remain cold and unsettled.
The surge of Arctic air will continue through the mainland valleys and inlets on Sunday ushering in the coldest air of the season for the inner South Coast. There is potential for wind warnings due to the outflow for southern sections of Metro Vancouver, Greater Victoria, Fraser Valley, and Howe Sound on Sunday.
The Arctic air will linger into the work week with daytime highs slightly above freezing and overnight lows approaching minus 10.