Mumbai (PTI): Actor Hrithik Roshan on Tuesday said he is done with speaking on his controversial feud with Kangana Ranaut.
The 43-year-old star, who broke his silence on the issue last week via a statement and interviews to two TV channels, said he will refrain from talking about the matter on any public platform from now on.
“I am writing this in response to the several interview requests that I am getting from various media houses. I have given two. Due to the media dynamics of our times there is a justified pressure on me to give more.
“I would apologise to those who have made these well meaning requests and would humbly say that I don’t wish to speak on this issue. I have had to give out my side of truth under some very compelling circumstances,” Hrithik wrote on Facebook.
The “Kaabil” actor said he does not wish to make “a spectacle” out of the matter.
“In the interest of civility and human dignity we should not make a spectacle of this issue. Media is an integral part of our civil society and they would know that continued discourse on this issue is gaining toxic dimensions,” he said.
Commenting on the current scenario in the media, Hrithik said he was in no position to suggest which story should be covered or not, but “if this under investigation case is factually covered through the developments of police investigation and courts, that would be a breather for a lot of us”.
He thanked the people who have come out in his support, including close friend and collaborator Farhan Akhtar and co-star Yami Gautam. He, however, requested people “to stop taking sides in this issue”.
“Before this is dangerously hijacked into a man vs woman, insider vs outsider, privileged vs non privileged issue we must stop. Please don’t support me. Don’t take sides,” Hrithik added.
The actor clarified that he was not seeking to close the issue but merely suggesting that “the investigations be the only spokesperson”.